This is an introduction of FreeRADIUS and some of its features. Please Keep an eye out for My articles detailing how to install and configure a FreeRADIUS Server, How to set up wired and wireless captive portals, and using RADIUS for network access authentication — Chris Yarger
RADIUS Client Support
- Complete support for RFC 2865 and RFC 2866 attributes.
- EAP with EAP-MD5, EAP-SIM, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-PEAP, and Cisco LEAPEAP sub-types
- Vendor Specific Attributes for almost one hundred vendors, including BinTec, Foundry,Cisco, Juniper, Lucent/Ascend, HP ProCurve, Microsoft, USR/3Com, Acc/Newbridge and many more.
- attributes which have a given value
- attributes which do not have a given value
- attributes which are in the request (independent of their value)
- attributes which are not in the request
- String attributes which match a regular expression
- Integer attributes which match a range (e.g. , =)
- Source IP address of the request. (This can be different from the NAS-IP-Address)
- Shortname defined for a NAS box. (This can be different from the NAS-Identifier)
- Group of NAS boxes. (These may be grouped based on Source IP address, NAS-IP-Address, or any other configuration)
- DEFAULT template configuration
- multiple cascading DEFAULT template configurations